Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Oatmeal Crust Pizza

Anyone who knows me knows I am a pizza fanatic and a bit of a connoisseur.  I'm not proud of this fact, as pizza is not exactly the best health food.  Over the weekend my husband and I skipped Graziano's and decided to make relatively clean oatmeal crust pizza with low fat cottage cheese instead of regular mozzarella.  

Our toppings were bell pepper, red onion and mushroom. 


We used organic marinara from Trader Joe's, I love this stuff!


My hubby cooked it on the grill and it and came out nice and crispy, but still soft and chewy in the center.  

My slice...



I must say, it was pretty good and satisfied my pizza craving.  The hubby thought is was great, too.  Next time, however, I'd like to try making the Clean Pizza Recipe I found on Little b's Healthy Habits.  This clean pizza recipe was created by Toni Cisneros and is creating quite the buzz among health and fitness bloggers.  Her recipe consists of a lean ground turkey crust, so you know its clean and high protein!  

No comments:

Post a Comment