Monday, January 14, 2013

Quinoa and Black Bean Stuffed Bell Peppers

This is what I whipped-up for lunch today.  I'm so proud because when I was a kid my Mom used to make lean ground turkey stuffed bell peppers and I managed to make a vegetarian version of that.  I'm not vegetarian, but my sister is, so its good to know I can modify recipes to suit her and other vegetarians as well.  Plus, its meatless Monday, right? Haha. 
I sauteed garlic, onion and carrots and added low-sodium canned corn, black beans and quinoa. 

Then I topped the little suckers with extra-sharp cheddar.  Hello, my name is Karolina and I'm addicted to extra-sharp cheddar.  You should know this about me now so that in the future when you see every other meal topped with cheese you'll nod and think to yourself, "ah yes, there's that sneaky aforementioned extra sharp cheddar cheese."  You guys, I have tried to quit this stuff. Really. I have.  I tried quitting cold turkey, low-fat cheese, and even Daiya vegan cheddar cheese.  Alas, there is no healthy equivalent to the rich flavor that is extra-sharp cheddar.  So you know what, I'm not switching.  But seriously, I know its high in saturated fat and not a health food so I have adapted and I use it sparingly, blah blah.  But I'm not gonna lie, I love this stuff.



Here's a quick peep at our little dining room and the lovely roses my hubby got me last week.  They're hanging on for dear life now but I still love them.  


Thanks for reading and Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment